Thursday 20 December 2012

What does it mean to be rich

Once a fisherman was sitting near seashore, under
the shadow of a tree smoking his
cigarette. Suddenly a rich businessman passing by
approached him and inquired as to why he was
sitting under a tree smoking and not working.

To this the poor fisherman replied that he had
caught enough fishes for the day.
Hearing this the rich man got angry and said: Why
don’t you catch more fishes instead of sitting in shadow wasting your time?
Fisherman asked: What would i do by catching more fishes?

Businessman: You could catch more fishes, sell
them and earn more money, and buy a bigger boat.
Fisherman: What would I do then?
Businessman: You could go fishing in deep waters and catch
even more fishes and earn even more money.

Fisherman: What would I do then?
Businessman: You could buy many boats and
employ many people to work for you and earn even more money.
Fisherman: What would I do then?
Businessman: You could become a rich businessman like me.
Fisherman: What would I do then?
Businessman: You could then enjoy your life peacefully.
Fisherman: What do you think I’m doing right now?
Being poor does not mean you can't enjoy life
 
Enjoy life fully.
As some great men have said “My
riches consist not in extent of my possessions but
in the fewness of my wants”.

No comments:

Post a Comment