Tuesday 21 June 2016

Kids and questions


Kids are said to be gifts from God. A child’s laugh could simply be one of the most beautiful sound in the world. One thing that marvels me the most is their ability to ask many questions and their amazing response to your answer. One Saturday morning, I and my little cousin went to get some items at the grocery store very close to her house. I was so amazed at the way her brain worked. 
We went from one question to another, to some I said “yes, to others I said no, maybe, I can’t say” and on and on. At first I was angry but I came to realize that the way their mind works is quite different from ours.


Kids don’t just ask question because they want to or they feel like frustrating your day. They only seek answers as to why this is that, how that became those, what are these that and those for.
A curious child asked his mum, “mommy, why are some of your hairs turning grey?” The mother tring to use the occasion to teach her child some morals said “It’s because of you dear, every bad action of yours will turn one of my hair gray”.
The child replied innocently, “Now I know why grandmother has only gray hairs on her head”.

Funny as it is, it goes to tell you that kids observe virtually everything around them. Take you time to answer them and you will be amazed by the response you get. Let them feel free to express themselves.
Remember silence is golden but when you have kids, then silence is just suspicious


No comments:

Post a Comment